Vision and strategy
Vision To reduce cancer deaths and prevent people getting cancer by linking fundamental and applied research to patients’ care.
Mission. To establish a solid leadership worldwide in cancer research and care.
Aims. To champion a new type of cancer medicine:
- Personalized: to offer each individual patient personalized medicine, which includes a care plan based on their individual characteristics.
- Non-invasive: to provide each patient with the least-invasive diagnostic and treatment procedures; to increase sensitivity of diagnosis (early diagnosis) and precision of treatments (localized treatments).
- People-centered: to provide a health care which respects each patient’s perspective and expectations (in terms of individualvalues, preferences, need of emotional and physical comfort, alleviation of personal anxieties, understanding of his/her illness) and offers community services to improve the quality of patients’ lives; to raise public awareness of current and future research and health issues.
Approach. To adopt an innovative Translational-Research approach, based on Multidisciplinary Programs with the following goals:
- To place the patients and their needs at the center of specific (for each tumor type) and integrated (prevention, diagnosis, cure and follow-up) care pathways.
- To integrate fundamental and clinical research.
- To provide each patient with the most advanced standard and experimental therapies.
Model. To create value on innovation and research in a strictly academic and nonprofit environment.