OBSERVERSHIP AT THE EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY
A clinical observership at IEO gives doctors the opportunity to learn from the clinical activities at our Institute. Clinical observers may observe clinical work and attend educational activities such as seminars and grand rounds. A clinical observership is not a ‘hands on’ experience and therefore does not allow any direct patient-care-related activities. Clinical Observers must have an agreement with a sponsor physician at IEO.
Download the clinical observer application form and the guidelines
How to apply
- Send in your signed application form and guidelines to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After your application form has been received, you will be send an email including 3 IEO forms to sign: the health requirements, the personal data collection agreement and the patient data confidentiality agreement. In addition, we ask you to provide us the following documents:
- - Recent (within 6 months of the observership start) reference letter from the candidate’s current employer or university, including official letterhead of the institution
- - Copy of the Job contract or a declaration of employment during the period of observership at IEO, including official letterhead of the institution
- - Copy of the Medical School Diploma (original documents not in English or Italian must be translated and certified by the Italian Consulate)
- - Copy of Passport
- - Curriculum Vitae
You must send in all requested documents at least 60 days before the start date of the observership.
The processing of your request usually takes about 30 days. In the case your request has been approved, you will receive an invitation letter.
- - 100 € per week or 300 € per month (EU residents are exempted from fee according to the Lisbon Convention)
- - deposit of 50 € for a badge and a white coat. The coat and badge must be returned at the end of the observership in order to obtain the refund of the deposit.
- - IEO meal coupons and access to the IEO parking
For information about your application please contact email@example.com
Questa modalità non si applica agli specializzandi italiani o UE con titolo riconosciuto in Italia che potranno rivolgersi tramite la loro università o Teaching Hospital alla mail firstname.lastname@example.org
These guidelines do not apply to Italian or European medical residents with medical degrees recognized in Italy. These residents are kindly asked to contact email@example.com through their University or Teaching Hospital.